The P3O® guidance – aligned to PRINCE2®, MSP®, and M_o_R® – brings together in one place a set of principles, processes and techniques to facilitate effective portfolio, programme and project management through enablement, challenge and support structures.This is part of the AXELOS range.
By attending this course, you can learn to ensure consistent delivery of projects and programmes and meet business objectives through effective use of resources. You will develop capability, capacity and risk models to suit the organizational maturity culture, and help identify potential opportunities to be realized, exploited or enhanced as part of risk analysis. You can ensure that the strategies and performance requirements of your organization are realized via projects, programmes and operational business units, and improve organizational accountability, decision making, transparency and visibility.
You can help your organisation establish, develop and maintain appropriate support structures to facilitate decision making, benefits realization and successful delivery of projects and programmes; assure that a joined-up set of outcomes and benefits is measured, managed, monitored and refined to ensure that optimal investment and strategic goals are achieved; and deliver strategy, reduce benefits loss and deliver programmes and projects more effectively. One can provide assurance, coaching and mentoring to build a workforce capable of first-class programme and project delivery, and protect revenue and spend while enhancing value for money.
- You will be taught using the latest adult learning techniques, using course materials licensed from Aspire Europe, that include examples from a variety of industries and perspectives.
- You will receive a course folder and latest official manual (foundation only), as well as helpful notes.
- Sample exams and precourse reading wil ensure that you are both ready for the first day of training and for the exam/s.
- Foundation exam – a one hour multiple choice closed book examination with 75 questions (5 of which are trial questions, 35 marks, 50% to pass).
- Practitioner exam – a two and half hour objective style open-book examination with a total of 80 marks available (40 marks, 50% pass).
P3O Foundation Level –
The purpose of the foundation level is to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the P3O guidance to interact effectively with, or act as an informed member of, an office within a P3O model. The foundation qualification is a pre-requisite for the practitioner qualification.
Training runs for 3 full days and includes the required work folder and the official manual, the exam fee, full catering (on public courses) and an e-certificate. Options available may include our exam guarantee, templates, supporting publications, and a hard copy certificate.
P3O Practitioner Level –
The purpose of the practitioner level is to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the P3O guidance to design, implement, manage or work in any component office within a P3O model.
Training runs for 2 full days and includes the required folder, the exam fee, full catering (on public courses) and e-certificate. Please note that it is presumed that you have your official manual from your foundation training; you are welcome to purchase this if not. Options available may include our exam guarantee, templates, supporting publications, and a hard copy certificate.